The San Diego newspaper is reporting that the Rolling Stones will open their 2015 North American tour at the city’s Petco Park in May.
The paper goes on to say that the dates will be announced next week (they were originally rumored to be coming this week) and will include more than a dozen cities through June and, possibly, July. Cities mentioned by various sources include Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl, Milwaukee, Indianpolis, New York, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.
Fox 5 in San Diego also has said that area hotels, including the Hard Rock, are already preparing for the onslaught of fans.
In other unsubstantiated rumors, a number of media sources said this week that the band could be playing Sticky Fingers in its entirety during this tour. The band had already been mixing a number of songs from the album into their 50 on Fire tour last year including Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking, You Gotta Move and Bitch.
‘Sticky Fingers’ was the first Stones album to feature Mick Taylor as an official Stone and as a guitarist on most of the songs. ‘Sister Morphine’, a song left over from the Let It Bleed era, featured Ry Cooder, not Taylor, on guitar.
Sticky Fingers tracklisting
1. ‘Brown Sugar’ (last performed Auckland, New Zealand, November 22, 2014)
2. ‘Sway’ (last performed Boston, USA, June 12, 2013)
3. ‘Wild Horses’ (last performed Melbourne, Australia, November 5, 2014)
4. ‘Can’t You Hear Me Knocking’ (last performed Pilton, UK, June 29, 2013)
5. ‘You Gotta Move’ (last performed Knebworth, UK, August 21, 1976)
6. ‘Bitch’ (last performed Brisbane, Australia, November 18, 2014)
7. ‘I Got the Blues’ (last performed London, UK, June 8, 1999)
8. ‘Sister Morphine’ (last performed Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 6, 1998)
9. ‘Dead Flowers’ (last performed Pokolbin, Australia, November 15, 2014)
10. ‘Moonlight Mile’ (last performed San Jose, USA, April 20, 1999)